Online Shop Terms & Conditions
We endeavour to ensure that only accurate and up to date information is placed online. If incorrect information is included in the AADAA Online Shop, we will place a correction on the AADAA Online Shop content area.
The materials displayed on this website, including all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustration, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are the property of the AADAA and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the prior written consent of the AADAA. The AADAA does not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
Care has been taken to ensure that the products and descriptions of them on this site are accurate. We do not, however, promise or represent that it is accurate or free from errors or omissions and we reserve the right to make any necessary corrections. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
The AADAA reserves the right to reject an order if, in its sole opinion, it is unacceptable.
Disclaimer of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law (most importantly the Australian Consumer Law):
- The AADAA disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness;
- The AADAA, its contractors, agents, or employees disclaim liability for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis.
- If the AADAA becomes liable for any breach of any such condition or warranty, AADAA’s liability shall be limited at its option, to any one or more of the following:
- In the case of goods: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- In the case of services: to either supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
At the time that you place your order and are asked to supply personal information you enter a secure environment. From that time, the link between your Web browser and the AADAA Shop will be protected using a security certificate. This will be indicated by the appearance of a padlock on your browser.
You should note that credit card numbers will not be stored on the web site and will never be made publicly available. All information concerning your order is encrypted and can only be viewed by members of the AADAA Online Shop team with authorised access to that information. As noted your credit card details are not visible to the members of the AADAA Online Shop team.
The AADAA will endeavour to supply all items publicised in the AADAA Online Shop. Similarly, products will be removed from the Online Shop as soon as the AADAA becomes aware that those items are unavailable. However, there may be unavoidable occasions when:
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled immediately, or
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all.
Where part of an order cannot be fulfilled immediately, the part that can be supplied will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Where part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all you will be advised as soon as possible by email, telephone or fax.
All products with a limited sales period which are displayed in the AADAA Shop will have the withdrawal date clearly shown.
However, where a product which does not have a specified sales period becomes unavailable due to unexpected or high demand, and that item is ordered by you before the AADAA has withdrawn that item from the Shop, the AADAA will not be held responsible for inability to complete that order. In this instance, you will be advised ASAP by email or telephone.
The AADAA will endeavour to dispatch all orders within 3-5 working days of receiving the order and endeavour to deliver all orders within 5-10 business days from receipt of order. Please note: Items may be delivered to you individually and/or separately where they are fulfilled from different locations.
Incorrect details supplied
Please note that acceptance of your order implies that we will fulfil your order within the time specified in the Delivery Standards. The following situations are exceptions:
- If and when incorrect payment details, including credit card details, are supplied;
- Where correct credit card details are supplied but funds are not approved;
- Where fraudulent activity is suspected / identified; or
- Where cleared funds through your nominated payment method have not been received.
In the event that you supply incorrect payment and delivery details, the AADAA will take all reasonable steps to contact you using the personal details that you have provided. In the event that your supplied contact details are incorrect, however, the AADAA will not be held responsible for not fulfilling your order, nor for being unable to advise you that this is the case.
All products sold by the AADAA must be:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied
- acceptable in appearance and finish
- free from defects
You can return an item to us if:
- it’s faulty
- it’s incorrectly described
- it’s different from a sample shown
- it doesn’t do what we said it would do
- it’s not of an acceptable quality
- If the product is unsafe, can’t be fixed within a reasonable time, or you simply would not have bought it given the nature of the defect, we’ll offer you an exchange, repair or refund.
- To ask for an exchange, repair or refund, you’ll need to prove that you purchased the product via the AADAA Online Shop. If you can’t provide an order confirmation, another form of proof of purchase will be required.
If the product is assessed to be faulty or unfit for its intended purpose, refunds will be issued using the same method as your original payment.
For all Online Shop product, please return your item with your name, order confirmation number and the reason for your return within 60 days from the date of purchase.
Order number: 00001234
Faulty- not turning on.
Minimum and maximum order value
There is no minimum value for AADAA Online Shop orders. The maximum order value is AUD $5,000.
Third party websites
The AADAA Website may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless otherwise indicated, the AADAA does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third party websites or their content nor does the AADAA provide any warranty or take any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of those websites or their content.
Links to the AADAA website
If you wish to establish a link to this website, you may do so without permission, however, as a courtesy please inform us that you have done so through our “Contact Us” facility.