About The AADAA
The Australian Air Defence Artillery Association is a not for profit organisation founded to foster a brotherhood of camaraderie for serving and ex-serving members of the military that are or have served, in an Air Defence Artillery Unit.
The Association has its origins in 2006 and became an entity in July of 2008 when we were registered with the Tax Office and received an ABN. On the 27th January 2009, we were officially incorporated in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Act 1985. (SA). Later in the same year we were formally recognised by the Department of Defence.
The Association works closely with 16 Regiment, formally 16 Air Defence Regiment, and provides mutual support to our members through connections with old mates. We provide representation and raise the issues of members, organise reunions and promote the interest of members.
The purpose of the association is to:
- Promote the history and traditions of Air Defence Artillery in Australia and internationally
- Bring together its members and former members
- Disseminate knowledge and information to its members
- Publish and distribute information between members, the regiment and the Department of Defence
- Promote and support historic research into Air Defence Artillery and create and maintain a history database
- Offer Services and support to members and families
- Suggest, vote on, and organise reunions
- Establish and maintain a memorial to deceased members
- Maintain a line of heritage among Air Defenders
- Recognise the contribution of former members to the Air Defence of Australia
- To provide a forum for open discussion between members